4 days / 3 nights 8 People Max
Few dates between September and October
Grape Harvest Experience In Abruzzo Italy
What better way to understand the hidden mysteries of vineyards and wine than to spend 3 days on an organic winery, from picking clusters, sorting and pressing grapes, to storing them in barrels. Wine tastings, tours to ancient villages, farmers markets and more… at just 2h from Rome.
- Learn all about grape harvesting, wine and pick grapes with locals at a family-run 400y old winery, with visit to their ancient residence
- Fresh pressed wine juice, wine, Extra Virgin Olive Oils, cheeses, honeys, salami, local wines, & local digestives. You can’t say no!
- You will be staying inside the ‘Gran Sasso & Monti della Laga’ National Park, in an untouched medieval village overlooking the highest mountains in Abruzzo and with a panoramic view of the Adriatic sea. An experience, possible only in few parts of Italy.
- Marino accompanying you throughout the tour, guiding and telling you the history and the best culinary spots of the region
- Goodbye cooking class & Lunch with my Nonna and Family
- Exclusive tasting of Vino Cotto, a ‘sweet wine’ from Abruzzo, with more than 50y old
According to weather conditions and availabilities, itinerary might receive small changes
Meals Included: B (breakfast) – L (lunch) – A (aperitivo) – D (dinner)
Meet your Cicerone Marino with a Buongiorno at Rome Fiumicino Airport.
We will drive directly to Abruzzo through the scenery of the Gran Sasso and Monti Della Laga National Park before settling into the magic of one of the most beautiful hamlet in Italy and the stunning landscape around.
For the next 3 nights, we will be staying inside the old city of Civitella del Tronto with the narrowest street of Italy and its famous fortress. Built by the Spanish and now holding the primate to be the largest fortress of Italy. A relaxing and peaceful atmosphere immersed in pristine nature.
After your check-in, we will meet up and have a guided relaxing visit to discover the secrets of the medieval Borgo ad the stunning fortress of Civitella del Tronto.
At night, we will enjoy together our first traditional dinner with a glass or two of the Montepulciano D’Abruzzo wine.
Meals included: Standing L. & Traditional D.
After breakfast, we will the set off for a short trip through the beautiful countryside of the “Gran Sasso and Monti della Laga” National Park where you will experience the grape harvest.
We will spend the morning at the vineyard with the local farmers who will show us the techniques for cutting the grape’s clusters, how to identify them and their diverse characteristics.
After some time picking grapes* with the winemaker at the vineyard, we will have the traditional ‘Sdijune’ (abruzzese picnic) in the beautiful surroundings.
*whenever you feel tired you can just relax, take a sip of wine and watch the others.
After the ‘sdijune’ we will head to the cellar, where every stage of processing is undertaken with passion by the owner Vincenzo in person as if to leave its sign on every wine bottled.
All the grapes are Organic and without any chemicals, and you will be able to pick & taste the grapes from the fields, taste the first juice and taste our flagships top-rated wines, fermented and aged in oak barrels.
We will also visit their 400y old cellar, learn about the winemaking processes and have wine tasting of their flagships top-rated wines. We will also have an exclusive tasting of a 50y old special wine.
In the evening will head back to the Hotel where you will have a free evening to relax and enjoy some free time.
Meals included: L., A.
On this day, we will be visiting the local farmer market. Here we will visit the medieval town, while tasting cheeses, porchetta and other local products.
Europe is an old continent, many civilisations had lived in Italy, but not many proofs of those earlier civilisations (before the Romans) and the lifestyle kept in the real places they were found, most of them are in museums. In this part, we walk around and over tombs dated from the X century B.C. until the II b.c..
In the early afternoon, we will take a private guided tour around the beautiful medieval village of Civitella del Tronto, with an exclusive view of a private luxury residence from the 1900 and a free visit to the extraordinary museum of the town. We will also have a tour to the second largest fortress in Europe and admire the panoramic view from the top.
Traditional ‘Abruzzese’ cuisine and wine will be served in the evening at a local traditional restaurant.
Sharing memories and taking the ‘Bella Vita’ home
Meals included: B, L, D
Dates & Prices
4 Real Days with activities & departure at 4pm on the last day
- 3 nights in selected 4-star boutique Hotels or B&B (Using sustainable practices)
- 3 breakfasts
- 5 meals with wine, coffe & dessert included
- Wine Tasting at a family-run 400y old winery, with visit to the ancient residence
- Escorted tour by your friendly 100% local Abruzzese tour Leader Marino, and local professional guides
- Private transportation
- Private pickup from Rome Fiumicino Airport (11am)
- All entry fees for the activities listed in the itinerary
- Assistance on planning the pre and post trip connections
Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
- Trip cancellation insurance or any other travel insurance (but recommended),
- Return transfer from Abruzzo to Rome or elsewhere, (can be arranged for a fee)
- Snack/Drinks not listed on the itinerary (an extra bottle of wine, or a sandwich for example)
- Anything not described in ‘what’s included’
On the departure day, you will be welcomed by our Founder & Culinary Expert, Marino, at Rome Fiumicino Airport at 11 am*. Together you will embark on a panoramic drive to Abruzzo and the stunning Civitella del Tronto.
In case your arrival or departure doesn’t coincide with our departure time mentioned above, we can assist you in booking the most suitable transfer at an additional cost. Please get in contact with us and we will help you find the most suitable option to arrive at your destination.
If you need assistance in planning your pre and post trip connections from other parts of Italy than Rome, please just get in contact with us and we will be happy to assist you.
*You as the traveller are responsible for arriving at the meeting point in time for your tour. Please read our Terms & Conditions for additional details, and please don’t hesitate to get in contact with us if you have any concerns.
Departure / Post Trip
On the last day of the tour you will be dropped off to the Bus or Train station of Teramo city.
From here, regular train and bus schedules depart to Rome City, Rome Airports, Ancona, Naples, Milan and other main cities of Italy. Just get in contact with us and we will be happy to assist you further.
Private transfers to airports or other parts of Italy can be arranged upon request for an additional cost.
If you desire to plan the rest of your stay in Italy, we can help you connect with like-minded tour operators around Italy & Europe.