“Marino's tours are a unique opportunity to discover Abruzzo's local culture and food. I got to see start to finish the olive oil making process. I was taken to an olive grove where I met busy local workers occupied with the harvest, and I even got to try the harvesting myself! From there to a locally owned processing factory where we sampled pure, fresh olive oil right from the presses! His unpretentious and authentic approach was really refreshing and it was a distinct pleasure to meet lovely local people and get a real first hand experience of Abruzzo food and native culture.”Dianne C.Canada, Tornonto
Join the olive harvest on this unique 4 days cooking and culture break set in the region of Abruzzo, the greenest region of Europe; You will experience with your hands the olive oil harvest, meet the friendly local olive farmers, learn all about the olive oil making process & learn to cook traditional local dishes. Accompanied by a happy local passioned guide.
- Private tasting of Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oils from Abruzzo
- Visit to a local beekeeper & honey tastings
- A local guide showing us the fortress of Civitella del Tronto and the medieval town
- Private tour of 3000 years old Necropolis (ancient cemetery) with a local archeologist
- An Abruzzese winemaker in person will introduce us to their wine philosophy and the local wines spending time with us
- Tastings of local cheeses, Extra Virgin Olive oil and other delicatessens
- Marino, 1st level Sommelier & accompanying you throughout the tour, guiding and telling you local insiders’ stories
- Goodbye cooking class & Lunch with Nonna Amina and Family
According to weather conditions and availabilities, itinerary might receive small changes
Meals Included: B (breakfast) – L (lunch) – A (aperitivo) – D (dinner) – T (Tastes)
Meet your Cicerone Marino with a Buongiorno at Rome Fiumicino Airport.
We will drive directly to Abruzzo through the scenery of the Gran Sasso and Monti Della Laga National Park before settling into the magic of one of the most beautiful hamlet in Italy and the stunning landscape around.
For the next 3 nights, we will be staying inside the old city of Civitella del Tronto with the narrowest street of Italy and its famous fortress. Built by the Spanish and now holding the primate to be the largest fortress of Italy. A relaxing and peaceful atmosphere immersed in a pristine nature.
After your check-in we will meet up and have a guided relaxing visit to discover the secrets of the medieval Borgo ad the stunning fortress of Civitella del Tronto.
At night, we will enjoy together our first traditional dinner with a glass or two of the Montepulciano D’Abruzzo wine.
Meals included: Standing lunch & Traditional Dinner
Dates & Prices
4 Real Days with activities & departure at 4pm on the last day
- 3 nights in selected 4-star boutique Hotels or B&B (Using sustainable practices)
- 3 breakfasts
- 5 meals with wine, coffe & dessert included
- Wine Tasting at a family-run 400y old winery, with visit to the ancient residence
- Escorted tour by your friendly 100% local Abruzzese tour Leader Marino, and local professional guides
- Private transportation
- Private pickup from Rome Fiumicino Airport (11am)
- All entry fees for the activities listed in the itinerary
- Assistance on planning the pre and post trip connections
What's not included
- Trip cancellation insurance or any other travel insurance (but recommended),
- Return transfer from Abruzzo to Rome or elsewhere, (can be arranged for a fee)
- Snack/Drinks not listed on the itinerary (an extra bottle of wine, or a sandwich for example)
- Anything not described in ‘what’s included’
On the departure day, you will be welcomed by our Founder & Culinary Expert, Marino, at Rome Fiumicino Airport at 11 am*. Together you will embark on a panoramic drive to Abruzzo and the stunning Civitella del Tronto.
In case your arrival or departure doesn’t coincide with our departure time mentioned above, we can assist you in booking the most suitable transfer at an additional cost. Please get in contact with us and we will help you find the most suitable option to arrive at your destination.
If you need assistance in planning your pre and post trip connections from other parts of Italy than Rome, please just get in contact with us and we will be happy to assist you.
*You as the traveller are responsible for arriving at the meeting point in time for your tour. Please read our Terms & Conditions, for additional details, and please don’t hesitate to get in contact with us if you have any concerns.
Departure / Post Trip
On the last day of the tour you will be dropped off at around 3.30pm to the Bus or Train station of Teramo city.
From here, regular train and bus schedules depart to Rome City, Rome Airports, Ancona, Naples, Milan and other main cities of Italy. Just get in contact with us and we will be happy to assist you further.
Private transfers to airports or other parts of Italy can be arranged upon request for an additional cost.
If you plan to stay longer in Abruzzo or other regions of Italy, we will be very happy to help you with the planning.