Taste of Abruzzo in 4 days - Gastronomy, Culture & Nature
4 days dipping into the real traditions of this unique region in central Italy. Get a taste of Abruzzo, let us show you authentic Italian traditions, excellent food, wine, nature and more.
*If you can’t find a suitable date, just drop us an email and we can try to accomodate you.
- Traditional welcome dinner.
- Wine tasting experiences at an internationally acclaimed winery.
- Private truffle hunt in the woods of the National Park & truffle lunch with wine
- Visit to the largest fortress of Italy & more historic towns.
- Private tour of 3000 years old Necropolis (ancient cemetery) with a local archaeologist.
- Marino’s knowledge, local stories of the territory and his food & wine expertise.
- Flexibility & time to relax.
- Goodbye traditional pasta cooking class.
When we design our tours, we always try to be in your shoes, taking care of the minimum details and leaving extra time for spontaneous things that might happen along the way, such as spending more time talking with a winemaker, attending a local festival or while sharing a caffè and a good chat between us. Hence, the itinerary is flexible & might receive small changes.
Meals Included: B (breakfast) – L (lunch) – A (Aperitivo) – D (dinner) – T (Tastes)
The second part of the day is left to us for spontaneous things that might happen along the way, such as participating at a local festival, spending more time in a place or drinking an extra glass of wine.
Reserve now this unique taste of Abruzzo and discover the real secret of la 'Bella Vita'
DISCOUNTED prices* starting by 916€ per person for group travel:
Insert the DISCOUNT CODE at the checkout:
-5% OFF when travelling in 4 people, insert TRAVEL4
-10% OFF when travelling in 6 people, insert TRAVEL6
-15% OFF when travelling in 8 people, insert TRAVEL8
*All Prices are based on double occupancy. Single room supplement applies
4 Real Days with activities & departure at 4pm on the last day
- 3 nights in selected 4-star boutique Hotels / B&B (using sustainable practises where possible)
- 3 breakfasts
- 6 meals with wine, coffe & dessert included
- Escorted tour by your friendly 100% local Abruzzese tour Leader Marino, and local professional guides
- Private transportation
- Private pickup from Rome Fiumicino Airport (11am)
- Guided visits to castles, untouched medieval villages, necropolis, old churches, monasteries, Holy stair and with almost 40% of Abruzzo’s areas being protected, your eyes and your camera will explode.
- All entry fees for the activities listed in the itinerary
- Assistance on planning the pre and post trip connections
- Trip cancellation insurance or any other travel insurance (but recommended),
- Return transfer from Abruzzo to Rome or elsewhere, (can be arranged for a fee)
- Snack/Drinks not listed on the itinerary (an extra bottle of wine, or a sandwich for example)
- Anything not described in ‘what’s included’
On the departure day, you will be welcomed by our Founder & Culinary Expert, Marino, at Rome Fiumicino Airport at 11 am*. Together you will embark on a panoramic drive to Abruzzo and the stunning Civitella del Tronto.
In case your arrival or departure doesn’t coincide with our departure time mentioned above, we can assist you in booking the most suitable transfer at an additional cost. Please get in contact with us and we will help you find the most suitable option to arrive at your destination.
If you need assistance in planning your pre and post trip connections from other parts of Italy than Rome, please just get in contact with us and we will be happy to assist you.
*You as the traveller are responsible for arriving at the meeting point in time for your tour. Please read our Terms & Conditions for additional details, and please don’t hesitate to get in contact with us if you have any concerns.
On the last day of the tour you will be dropped off to the Bus or Train station of Teramo city.
From here, regular train and bus schedules depart to Rome City, Rome Airports, Ancona, Naples, Milan and other main cities of Italy. Just get in contact with us and we will be happy to assist you further.
Private transfers to airports or other parts of Italy can be arranged upon request for an additional cost.
If you desire to plan the rest of your stay in Italy, we can help you connect with like-minded tour operators around Italy & Europe.
Why Travelling with us?
You will get the chance of going directly inside friends’ private buildings visiting and experiencing restricted places, food & drinks. You will hear stories & recipes the locals carry on from generations to generations.
You will see, touch and live the real Abruzzo’s life as locals would do. We might be invited inside people’s home for a caffè, you might hear loud Italian conversing in ‘piazza’, people horning on the cars, there might be surprises like this along the way, nothing planned, just real Abruzzese’s life & hospitality. Are you ready for the real Italian ‘Vita’ (life)?
Travel on REAL small groups of a maximum of 8 like-minded people. Our tours are all about quality and we take care of each of you as we would do with our friends.
We are 100% local Abruzzesi, we live ‘La Bella Vita’ in this beautiful & peaceful part of Italy. We partner with 100% professional local guides who speak fluently the local Abruzzese Dialect, Italiano, English & Español.
We do strongly believe in this project as a driving mean to support the local economy of these small fascinating hamlets that are threatened to disappear forever. We hope our project will inspire other young passionate locals to move back to the towns and keep their traditions alive with the help of tourists like you. We are and will be creating projects & initiatives with local communities, associations & scholars by giving 10% of our profits away.
For our experiences, we personally select our collaborators who are enthusiastic as we are about our region and sharing the local culture and heritage.
Most importantly you will arrive as a guest and leave as a friend, hoping you will:
have enjoyed every single moment of your stay
be inspired to come back to discover more
take some aspects of the ‘Bella Vita’ home
Italy is full of treasures to be uncovered, and the Abruzzo region is definitely one of its best-kept secret. Travellers don’t know what they have missed, until they come and experience Abruzzo, at a just 1h drive from the eternal city of Rome (yes one hour!).
Benvenuti in Abruzzo, where the 130 km of the Adriatic coast overlook the majestic Gran Sasso and Majella mountains. Just at few kilometers away from the sea we step into the real mountains. The mountains of the Parks, natural reserves, where nature offers extraordinary encounter with bears, wolfs, chamois and golden eagles to mention few. Water springs, narrow valleys and ancient hamlets, sweet hills and graceful sunsets. You are in Abruzzo! Read more…