“The Bella Vita Experience was probably one of my best choices so far. I've been to Italy before, but mostly to the well-known touristic places. But this trip to Abruzzo, with Marino as tour-guides has presented a whole new Italy to me.”Shaked S.Israel, Tel Aviv
Taste of Abruzzo in 4 days – Gastronomy, Culture & Nature
4 days dipping into the real traditions of this unique region in central Italy. Get a taste of Abruzzo, let us show you authentic Italian traditions, excellent food, wine, nature and more.
- Traditional welcome dinner.
- Wine tasting experiences at an internationally acclaimed winery.
- Private truffle hunt in the woods of the National Park & truffle lunch with wine
- Visit to the largest fortress of Italy & more historic towns.
- Private tour of 3000 years old Necropolis (ancient cemetery) with a local archaeologist.
- Marino’s knowledge, local stories of the territory and his food & wine expertise.
- Flexibility & time to relax.
- Goodbye traditional pasta cooking class.
When we design our tours, we always try to be in your shoes, taking care of the minimum details and leaving extra time for spontaneous things that might happen along the way, such as spending more time talking with a winemaker, attending a local festival or while sharing a caffè and a good chat between us. Hence, the itinerary might receive small changes.
Meals Included: B (breakfast) – L (lunch) – A (aperitivo) – D (dinner) – T (Tastes)
The second part of the day is left to us for spontaneous things that might happen along the way, such as participating at a local festival, spending more time in a place or drinking an extra glass of wine.
Reserve now this unique taste of Abruzzo and discover the real secret of la ‘Bella Vita’
Dates & Prices
4 Real Days with activities & departure at 4pm on the last day
- 3 nights in selected 4-star boutique Hotels / B&B (using sustainable practises where possible)
- 3 breakfasts
- 6 meals with wine, coffe & dessert included
- Escorted tour by your friendly 100% local Abruzzese tour Leader Marino, and local professional guides
- Private transportation
- Private pickup from Rome Fiumicino Airport (11am)
- Guided visits to castles, untouched medieval villages, necropolis, old churches, monasteries, Holy stair and with almost 40% of Abruzzo’s areas being protected, your eyes and your camera will explode.
- All entry fees for the activities listed in the itinerary
- Assistance on planning the pre and post trip connections
What's not included
- Trip cancellation insurance or any other travel insurance (but recommended),
- Return transfer from Abruzzo to Rome or elsewhere, (can be arranged for a fee)
- Snack/Drinks not listed on the itinerary (an extra bottle of wine, or a sandwich for example)
- Anything not described in ‘what’s included’
On the departure day, you will be welcomed by our Founder & Culinary Expert, Marino, at Rome Fiumicino Airport at 11 am*. Together you will embark on a panoramic drive to Abruzzo and the stunning Civitella del Tronto.
In case your arrival or departure doesn’t coincide with our departure time mentioned above, we can assist you in booking the most suitable transfer at an additional cost. Please get in contact with us and we will help you find the most suitable option to arrive at your destination.
If you need assistance in planning your pre and post trip connections from other parts of Italy than Rome, please just get in contact with us and we will be happy to assist you.
*You as the traveller are responsible for arriving at the meeting point in time for your tour. Please read our Terms & Conditions for additional details, and please don’t hesitate to get in contact with us if you have any concerns.
Departure / Post Trip
On the last day of the tour you will be dropped off to the Bus or Train station of Pescara city.
From here, regular train and bus schedules depart to Rome City, Rome Airports, Ancona, Naples, Milan and other main cities of Italy. Just get in contact with us and we will be happy to assist you further.
Private transfers to airports or other parts of Italy can be arranged upon request for an additional cost.
If you desire to plan the rest of your stay in Italy, we can help you connect with like-minded tour operators around Italy & Europe.
Why Travelling With Us?
You will get the chance of going directly inside friends’ private buildings visiting and experiencing restricted places, food & drinks. You will hear stories & recipes the locals carry on from generations to generations.
have enjoyed every single moment of your stay
be inspired to come back to discover more
take some aspects of the ‘Bella Vita’ home
Italy is full of treasures to be uncovered, and the Abruzzo region is definitely one of its best-kept secret. Travellers don’t know what they have missed, until they come and experience Abruzzo, at a just 1h drive from the eternal city of Rome (yes one hour!).
Benvenuti in Abruzzo, where the 130 km of the Adriatic coast overlook the majestic Gran Sasso and Majella mountains. Just at few kilometers away from the sea we step into the real mountains. The mountains of the Parks, natural reserves, where nature offers extraordinary encounter with bears, wolfs, chamois and golden eagles to mention few. Water springs, narrow valleys and ancient hamlets, sweet hills and graceful sunsets. You are in Abruzzo!, Read More…