“We visited a vineyard close by run by Vincenzo and his dad. We had a brilliant afternoon learning the history of the family business and tasting the wines, including some very special older wines.Kate
It was everything we could have wanted from an Abruzzo experience - great food, great wine, great company.”
Abruzzo Wine tasting & Winery Visit – Teramo Abruzzo
”Marino was great, very personable and so helpful! He went above and beyond to make sure we arrived safely (some significant events had happened) and offered well above the standards communication translations for a winery host. The wine tasting was made very special for us in a unique situation and his friend and owner of the winery has made a very special tasting room that will be ready soon! Very excited for these two and their endeavors! Great wine:) it was lovely to be at a small family winery!Adele & LukeOhio, USA
”Marino met us at a newly-established bio-winery near Teramo. Nat, one of the proprietors, explained in considerable detail (and excellent English) his approach and philosophy. It was a real pleasure to talk with people who have such a passion for their work and to enjoy with them some of the fruits (pun intended) of their labour. All in all, a very enjoyable visit in a beautiful part of Italy.Peter & Karen H.USA - California
”Marino, made us discover many treasures of Abruzzo, in particular on the typical products of the region but also the good addresses of restaurants and wine bars! Our experience in Abruzzo would clearly not have been the same without him, a big THANK YOU!Jimmy & Maureen (Wine Importer & Experts)Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, France
“I've just got back from five days in Abruzzo (staying in Controguerra) with my wife. We arranged a day out with Marino to visit a local market and vineyard. But the experience turned out to be so much more!”Matt & KateUK, London
Taste the Montepulciano D’Abruzzo, Trebbiano, Cerasuolo & other typical wines from the Abruzzo region & discover its secrets!
This tour is a breathtaking and educational guided tour among highly rated & family-owned wineries and the small streets of the medieval towns. To experience a visit to a winery in Abruzzo is to discover another side of Italy….A place where you can still discover your favourite wine and favourite part of Italy for the first time.
Why you should book a winery tour with Experience BellaVita?
The wine tours are personally followed by Marino, Founder and 2nd level Sommelier. His love for wines brings Marino to study and travel around Abruzzo to find emerging small craft wineries that produce emotional wines.
Marino is a local Abruzzese and have deep connection and exclusive access to uknown or restricted wineries, who reserve a special treatment to the Bella Vita’s travellers. Marino personally inspect all the wineries, and this will mean, you will:
• Receive an outstanding experience, in ‘English’
• Be treated as a local, you will feel part of a group of friend, not a tourist!
• Have access to places & wineries very few people know (not listed on google) or are allowed to go,
• You might get to taste extra wine glasses or older vintages,
• You can receive exclusive discounts on wines.
What We Will Do
- This is a slow-paced experience, great for families, those who know little, but also for wine connoisseurs that want to discover wines from Abruzzo.
- Based on your location, I’ll pick a winery on the hills of Teramo or other part of Abruzzo. You will meet the owners at the vineyard and meet one of our guides (additional fee) to start the slow visit to the winery taking the time to discover the secrets of each winemaker and their philosophy. One visit will last at least 2.5 hours.
- We will meet directly the owners who will show us their winery, vineyards, cellar and will share the stories, challenges and passion.
- We will also visit the technical installations, ending with an explanation about the ageing process.
- Guided by the owners and advised by their expertise, we will then start the wine tasting including at least 4 different wines.
- The tastings are always accompanied by snacks, including local deli, fresh bread & organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Upon your booking, we can decide together extra options & vertical tastings of older vintages and wether you require a guide with you. Transport, accommodation & other activities can be arranged for a fee.
1. Starting at least with tasting at least 4 wines*:
- Montepulciano D’Abruzzo (Red)
- Pecorino or Trebbiano (White)
- Cerasuolo d’Abruzzo (Rosè)
- Other vintages or local wines such as: Passerina, Montonico, Indigena or
2. Deli Tastings*
- Bread ‘Casereccio’
- Homemade organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cheese & dried meat platter (Depending on winery)
- Food & Wine Pairing dining experience (on request)
3. English and Italian Speaking guide (Guided Tour)
4. Wine Enthusiast / Sommelier / Transport (Additional fee)
You will be led by 2nd level Sommelier Marino or one of our wine experts. We will share with you exclusive tips on traditions, history, methods of preparations, and recommendations for the best local restaurants & places to visit during your stay.
*Wines & deli tasting will depend on availabilities of the wineries. If you have specific requirements, leave a comment on the booking or get in contact with us.
Planning more days?
No problem! If you’re planning to stay more days or visit different wineries, we can organise everything for you. From the Pickup from the airport, to accommodation, food, tastings and other guided activities. Just drop us a line below.
On the day of your experience, you will be welcomed by Marino or one of his wine expert, at the winery* if you haven’t booked the travel service.
If you need assistance in planning your pre and post trip connections from other parts of Italy, please just get in contact with us and we will be happy to assist you.
*You as the traveller are responsible for arriving at the meeting point in time for your tour. Please read our Terms & Conditions for additional details, and please don’t hesitate to get in contact with us if you have any concerns.
Food & Wine Pairing
If you’re a wine & food expert travelling in a group, we can organise private Food & Wine Pairing dining experience.
We will bring the best wines of the region in one place and together with our professional Sommelier & Chef we will make some outstanding wine pairings with the best traditional food of Abruzzo.
Book Now Online!
”It was everything we could have wanted from an Abruzzo experience - great food, great wine, great company.
Marino was really knowledgeable, super friendly and went out of his way to make sure we had a nice time. We can't recommend him highly enough.Matt B.