In this weekly tour discovering the most authentic wineries of Abruzzo, today we’ve the pleasure to introduce you to Massimiliano from Tenuta Torretta.
The Tenuta Torretta is small winery located between Torano & Controguerra on the hills of Teramo, completely run by the family: Cinzia, Assuntina, Biagio, Vittorio and Massimiliano.
History of Tenuta Torretta
It all started In the late 60’s when Papà Torretta decided to implant the first vineyards and it was in 2005 when Massimiliano together with his brother and sisters decided to dedicate his life to the family estate and produce authentic wines.
If you want to discover more about the Torretta winery, check out our in-depth interview on our video interview below.
The family philosophy
Massimiliano has always been experimenting biodynamic and alternative techniques as for him the most important factor is to respect nature. Respecting nature, comes at a high price, in the sense that if in a particular vintage the grapes don’t meet certain requirements, the Tenuta Torretta decides not to bend on quality and will not produce wine for that year.
Tenuta Torretta Wine List
“We produce wine because it excites us and we want to give you what we sense”
- Trebbiano d’Abruzzo DOC “San Felice” – Trebbiano 90% & Passerina 10%
- Cerasuolo d’Abruzzo DOC “San Felice” – 100% Montepulciano, controlled fermentation in stainless steel between 18/20C
- Chardonnay d’Abruzzo DOC “Cor’ di Luna” – Chardonnay 100%, 1st controlled fermentation in stainless steel between 18/20C, then fermentation and ageing in small tonneau and 6/8 months in bottle
- Montepulciano d’Abruzzo DOC “San Felice” – 100% Montepulciano, ageing 6/7 months in stainless steel and 12 months in bottle
- Montepulciano d’Abruzzo DOCG “San Felice” – 100% Montepulciano, ageing 12/14 months in tonneau and 12 month in bottle
Torretta Winery Map
It is one of those wineries you should put on your bucket list.
Simply follow the google maps direction for, Contrada Torretta, 13, 64010 Controguerra TE
Discovering the Best Wine Tours from Abruzzo
Let us guide you to the discovery of the best wineries of Abruzzo. Check out our wine trip planning and tour.